This is a map of the location of Cathcart.
Cathcart is an area of Glasgow between Mount Florida, King’s Park, Muirend and Newlands, situated less than a mile from the Scottish national stadium at Hampden Park. The White Cart Water flows through Cathcart, downstream from Linn Park. In 2014, Cathcart was rated one of the most attractive postcode areas to live in Scotland.
Originally part of the Burgh of Govan in Renfrewshire, most of the ancient parish was annexed by the City of Glasgow in 1912, but it retains a distinct local identity. Cathcart is mainly a residential area, containing a mix of tenements, terraces and villas built from red or blonde sandstone. There are some historic buildings, including the Couper Institute (a public hall and library) and the Snuff Mill.